We’re on the hunt for a talented and enthusiastic Financial Director that will help us excel in the next exciting phase of our growth plan.
You will have full autonomy to run the financial remit and grow the department accordingly. Much more than a watchful eye on the agency’s financial budgets, you will add value by advising on commercial strategy, driven by analysing profitability of departments, clients and projects.
You’ll be excited by the fact you’ll be involved beyond the spreadsheets and Xero reports, as you’ll also be liaising with the team, exploring strategies with senior management and coming up with great but actionable advice to push the business on further.
Our external accountancy team currently look after bookkeeping, invoicing, payroll, VAT returns, reporting and accounts, and you will manage this relationship.
You’re a smart, driven and entrepreneurial grown-up who is looking to work with a team of experts and help them do what they do best – whilst you take care of the bottom line.
Ideally you will have experience in a marketing, media or similar service-based company at a senior level and be suitably ACCA qualified.
We operate a hybrid model with some of our team working remotely full-time, so location is not as important as a can-do attitude and relevant experience.
It’s a broad role, but one that you can shape and grow. Some of what we require includes:
- Financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and process compliance
- Regular time and cost analysis of departments, client accounts and projects to make recommendations for improving profitability where relevant
- Assist with pricing and budgeting of new client contracts and projects (based on analysis of past projects costs and profitability)
- An ability to step back and base decisions on the bigger picture rather than getting lost in the minutia
- Be able to navigate business and cultural related dynamics in different countries and markets
- Assisting senior management with developing budgets
- Reviewing and advising on legal and business terms and contracts
- Willing to tell it like it is and make unpopular decisions if required
- Oversee and supervise relationships with our external accountancy team
- Recruitment, management, training and mentoring of junior finance staff when relevant
- Historical analysis and forward planning
Our 33 talented team members thrive in a friendly and creative environment where we enjoy delivering great work for our global B2B client base. Come along and help us do what we do best, whilst you do yours. Send your CV and cover note to email@example.com