A rare opportunity to come and show us what best-practice HR and talent nurturing is all about!
This brand-new position will give you the autonomy to establish and build the HR function and have a direct impact on agency growth and success. You’ll work with genuine, positive and smart people who collectively deliver integrated campaigns for world-leading B2B tech brands.
Our ideal candidate
As our Head of People, you’re an experienced HR professional seeking a stand-out role in a dynamic and friendly agency. Being a people person goes without saying, but you also have a strong strategic vision and plenty of commercial savvy.
With a HR generalist background, you’ll have a solid knowledge and practice of HR, including resourcing, compensation and benefits, training and development, employee relations and organisational development – everything needed to attract and keep hold of the wonderful people we need to take on the world.
As the agency’s expert in all things people, you’ll create and implement the strategies that help the agency achieve its ambitious growth plans, whilst ensuring that our team is happy and fulfilled and working together towards a shared goal despite our hybrid working approach.
You’ll also work with our heads of departments to ensure that our current teams are as skilled as they can be and that they feel valued and know of the potential career opportunities that lie ahead of them.
Key duties will involve:
- Heading and running our HR function (with assistance from our third-party HR resource so you’re not bogged down in the detail)
- Designing a people strategy and vision that supports a high-performance culture, whilst ensuring that the organisation is set up for scale
- Building and maintaining an employer brand that attracts the very best talent and means the best people stay to develop their careers
- Creating and implementing a successful talent acquisition strategy to attract new superstars (working with agencies initially, with a view to growing an internal talent function). Managing the day to day recruitment process to support hiring managers
- Partnering with senior leaders and managers across the business to foster a culture of high performance and build lean, effective teams, whilst owning the resource planning process to ensure structure and foresight is built into the future headcount (identifying skills gaps and potential pain points)
- Heading up and overseeing team and individual training programmes and running the associated budgets
- Ensuring Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the benefits package and recommending improvements
- Overseeing employee appraisal and reviews, ensuring they are engaging, rewarding and beneficial for all parties
- Assisting team satisfaction regularly and keeping the agency fully informed of latest initiatives and plans
- Working with the culture and social teams to ensure the agency remains a great place to work
This is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious and energetic leader who has a strong employee focussed generalist HR background cultivated in an agile, fast-paced, high-growth environment.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary along with a lucrative profit-share bonus and a range of benefits that are evolving all the time. Not to mention our generous holiday allowance, Christmas closedown and birthdays off!
We operate a hybrid working model, allowing our team to work from home or in the Leeds HQ. If the successful candidate is not geographically close to our offices, the position can be fully remote.
We have a friendly and respectful working ethos and value our team members. We are a truly full-service agency, so we each get an insight into all aspects of integrated marketing for some great global clients.
Wellbeing at Fox Agency is a major priority, with weekly personal training sessions and a variety of activities such as meditation, yoga, and mindfulness. Our team also has access to health, exercise, diet plans, and a 24-hour helpline.
Established in 2011, we stand by our core values and produce great work for our clients. We deliver the world’s smartest campaigns for global B2B tech brands, which include Sony, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, TotalEnergies, BearingPoint, Brother, Learnlight, Manx Telecom and Leica.
If you’re super-organised, people-oriented, and smart thinking, we’d love to chat to see if this all-encompassing role is up your avenue.
Culture and Benefits
Our culture and benefits are ever evolving
- Autonomy – We employ smart people and trust them to deliver greatness
- Support – however, we’re always on hand to support as required
- Culture – we have a clear vision of what a great place to work should feel like – including clear values (that we try to stick to!)
- Trust – work from home or the office, wherever is best for you
- Fun environment – we believe in respecting and supporting our colleagues and keeping things light-hearted wherever possible!
- Salary – competitive with regular reviews
- Profit Share – generous company-wide profit share scheme
- Holidays – competitive and flexible holiday allowance including festive close-down, birthdays off and long service rewards.
- Workplace wellbeing – a raft of initiatives for employee health and wellbeing – including group Personal Training classes (optional), personal fitness and nutrition programmes, regular wellness speakers, cycle to work scheme, and more!
- Regular paid-for socials!